Jungle Janie's Blog

Blog posts are below this welcome...

This Blog is best viewed from my JungleJanie.com site, rather than from blogspot directly 'cause you'll also have access to my pre-blogging journals dating back to 2002 when I started this journey, additional photos, my social networking site profile badges, and a whole lot more. There's an internal scroll bar on the right to navigate this Blog when on my site too.

Enjoy & Aloha!

Friday, December 5, 2014

Food Log Dec 5, 2014

I'm working on getting back into the swing of posting things here again, and appreciate your patience with the ebb and flow of it all. :)

Today I photographed, weighed, and logged what I ate as a start on this. I'll do some videos of this sort of thing in the future as well as other areas once I get more efficient at editing them.

People want to know what kinds of things I'm eating these days, so here's a day's worth of food... on a day I did mostly computer work.

You may notice that I'm not eating very many calories in comparison to what I used to. This is partly from a lower activity level overall, and today specifically. I've also found I seem to be utilizing the calories more efficiently than I did early on with this diet. It's been a gradual process over time. I don't seem to need as many calories for the same activity levels as I used to. It turns out well, because I used to love that I could eat so much and now I love that I don't need to. Nice. :)

Okay, so today... everything is organically grown, not GMO:

Starfruit (carambola) from our farm: 476 grams

One persimmon from health food store: 108 grams


Papayas (sunrise) from our farm: 1,068 grams (pic on left minus ones on right left over)
One cucumber (marketmore) from a friend's farm: 298 grams (it's magic! naa.. just messin' with Lightroom)


Mamey sapote from the farmer's market: 330 grams


One head heart of romaine lettuce from grocery store: 1,302 grams


Juice combo of (pic on left became juice on right):
  • 1 ruby red grapefruit: 152 grams juice
  • 3 honey tangerines: 192 grams juice
  • 3 Valencia oranges: 380 grams juice

This totals 1,670 calories in the following caloronutrient ratio: 86% carbs, 9% protein, 5% fat 

 

1 comment: