Overt Fat-Free Me! :)

Okay, so I've been considering this off and on for a while now. I've decided to go overt-fat free as my "regular" status rather than a "sometimes" thing. I don't know if I'll have enough of a steady supply of things to be able to go overt fat-free forever, but I'm a-gonna' try.

I've noticed repeatedly that I feel better and seem to be doing better without the overt fats IF I get enough calories with fruit otherwise, that is. That has been a challenge with some of the banana famine situations and such, but I think I've got it figured out either way now. I may resort to partial dehydrating and/or freezing things and raisins at times if needed, but I think I'll do better with that than with the overt fats.

If I do have overt fats it will be in smaller amounts as well. No more eating too much overt fats then doing none for a while to balance it out. I'm gonna' keep the total fats to 10% or lower every day, not just as an average. Well, that's the plan at least. We'll see how that goes.

So far it's been going fairly well.

Today I ate:

watermelon
bananas
papayas

The day before I think it was:

watermelon
papayas
mango
something else I can't remember now, hehe

The day before that it was:

papayas
longan
mango
lettuce
tomatoes

I don't remember the day before that, but it was overt fat-free too, and a few days before that I believe as well. :) I think that may be the day I splurged on organic cherries (which don't grow here so they were $8/lb eek!) - tasty though. :) I've been having a lot of pineapple too, but not the past few days 'cause of all the watermelon and papaya and mango, hehe. Oh, and I made a cauliflower tabouli the other day too... Lately though, I've been more into just eating the food straight-up like it grows pretty much. Makes sorta' boring pics, hehe, which is part of the reason I haven't been taking them...

I'll try to start taking pics of it again for ya' anyway.

Aloha!

Comments

  1. So I stayed over fat-free 'till sometime during the FoodnSport events in September. The amount of fat served there was minimal though. Then I was overt fat-free for a while longer. I think I went back to over fats in late October. It's almost mid-December and I am having overt fats off and on now again. I'm thinking of going overt fat-free again for a while soon. I'm tracking stuff at Fitday so you'll see whether I actually do or not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cabbage Wrapped Salad n Sprouts (Recipe)

Joys of Growing Your Own Food (Some of them, at least)

Holiday Recipe Video: My Take on Fig Cake (Pan de Higo)