Thanksgiving 2008

I'm trying to catch up on posting pictures I took but hadn't posted, adding info. as I can... I'm posting this in 2009, and it's almost Thanksgiving 2009 now... so forgive me if I don't remember all that much about this. The pictures help, so I remember things around the pictures...

I went to a "raw" potluck again... sorta' become a tradition over here on our small island and all...

This time I was going to make the eggfruit-banana thing, was going to make an open-topped creme pie with date crust. Simple. But... the eggfruit wasn't cooperating again and I didn't have enough ripe. So... I made layered pudding cups instead. They have a layer of thick banana smoothie (pudding), another layer of eggfruit-banana creme (bananas and eggfruits blended in food process with S blade, water if needed for smoothness), and another layer of thick green smoothie (ripe cooking bananas, tat tsai, water in blender). That green smoothie sets up like pudding, so I put it on top. It also allowed more contrast for the decorative drops of things on top...



The eggfruit layer didn't show so well 'cause they weren't really orange-ish eggfruits and I didn't have much of them so that layer was mostly banana as well... Perhaps another time I can get a nice intense orange color for that layer. Would look really nice that way with that intense green, eh? :)

They went over well again and I pretty much stuck to eating just them that time, instead of all the other potluck food. I think I had some salad as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cabbage Wrapped Salad n Sprouts (Recipe)

Joys of Growing Your Own Food (Some of them, at least)

Holiday Recipe Video: My Take on Fig Cake (Pan de Higo)