Jungle Janie's Blog

Blog posts are below this welcome...

This Blog is best viewed from my JungleJanie.com site, rather than from blogspot directly 'cause you'll also have access to my pre-blogging journals dating back to 2002 when I started this journey, additional photos, my social networking site profile badges, and a whole lot more. There's an internal scroll bar on the right to navigate this Blog when on my site too.

Enjoy & Aloha!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I'm trying to catch up on posting pictures I took but hadn't posted, adding info. as I can... I'm posting this in 2009, and it's almost Thanksgiving 2009 now... so forgive me if I don't remember all that much about this. The pictures help, so I remember things around the pictures...

I went to a "raw" potluck again... sorta' become a tradition over here on our small island and all...

This time I was going to make the eggfruit-banana thing, was going to make an open-topped creme pie with date crust. Simple. But... the eggfruit wasn't cooperating again and I didn't have enough ripe. So... I made layered pudding cups instead. They have a layer of thick banana smoothie (pudding), another layer of eggfruit-banana creme (bananas and eggfruits blended in food process with S blade, water if needed for smoothness), and another layer of thick green smoothie (ripe cooking bananas, tat tsai, water in blender). That green smoothie sets up like pudding, so I put it on top. It also allowed more contrast for the decorative drops of things on top...



The eggfruit layer didn't show so well 'cause they weren't really orange-ish eggfruits and I didn't have much of them so that layer was mostly banana as well... Perhaps another time I can get a nice intense orange color for that layer. Would look really nice that way with that intense green, eh? :)

They went over well again and I pretty much stuck to eating just them that time, instead of all the other potluck food. I think I had some salad as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment